This is a macro-friendly version of an old family favorite!
Serving size: 300 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fat: 13 g
- Protein: 36 g
This profile is based on the ingredient portions in the next section. You can tweak the profile to fit your needs by adjusting them!
However, most stores sell pre-packaged ground turkey in 16 oz containers. That makes recipe super-easy to replicate!
- 32 oz – 99% lean ground turkey breast
- 1 jar low-sodium Prego Traditional Spaghetti Sauce
- 2 bags of Bird’s Eye vegetable pasta rotini
- 1/2 cup shredded nonfat cheddar cheese (yes, it exists!) – or substitute with your favorite cheese (and adjust the macros accordingly)
- Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 325
- Brown the ground turkey in Italian seasoning and salt to taste
- Pre-cook the pasta in the microwave for 4-5 minutes per bag
- Place meat, pasta, and sauce in a baking dish and top with cheese
- Bake until cheese is melted, approx 20-25 minutes
- Add a little water to the meat while it’s cooking, as it doesn’t have any fat and can dry out quickly.
- If you have more room for fat, try using ground chicken or (gasp!) lean ground beef.
- Impress your friends with healthier spaghetti!